Jerry Ubah is a visual designer that specializes in providing creative high value design contents such as logos, illustrations, and video animation for companies in the tri-state area that require digital information and media design assets. He has over 6 years of work experiences on print and digital designs at companies like The Daily Athenaeum and Complex Networks.
As a Designer, he plans to get involved in various fields such as Video Animation, Print & Web, Product Design, 3D Modeling/Game Design, and UI/UX Design, with a long-term goal to gain quality experiences and growth in skills within these fields of design.
- Designed graphical layouts alongside cutouts in creating quote cards and Memes for social media using Adobe Photoshop.
- Designed and Illustrated cartoon stills for social media using Adobe Illustrator.
- Worked on video editing and motion graphics for TV Shows in creating intros, transitions, and end cards using Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
- Learned file management skills in organizing files properly, effectively and professionally; making the workflow more efficient.
- Created yoga mat designs masking out drawings by Siona into Adobe Photoshop, combining different masks and producing a finished design in Ultra High Resolution.
- Worked on many document creations including newsletters, invoices, PDFs and posters using Microsoft Office apps and Adobe Photoshop.
- Gained and learned a lot of design techniques in creating large files in Adobe Photoshop for printing and understanding many ways of masking out backgrounds from images.
- Designed graphic layouts for certificates and editing of post using Adobe Photoshop.
- Translated paper cut-out drawings to digital masked images for marketing tools like t-shirts using Adobe Photoshop.
- Worked on projects for major fashion brands including Prada, Louis Vuitton and H&M in designing layouts and drawings using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Created promotional ads for companies and organizations (clients) on the newspaper using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Created logos for new clients as well as new logos for The Daily Athenaeum using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Designed web banner ads and 2"x5" ads for both print and digital using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and also animated video images or GIFs for clients using Adobe Indesign.
- Oversaw each newspaper pages using Adobe Indesign, checked for errors, distilled each page into a PDF, and sent to the publisher.
- Communicated with the editorial team, proofed each page, and sent to the editorial department.