Jerry Ubah, born and raised in Nigeria, is an aspiring Graphic Designer with amazing skills in popular Adobe Creative Cloud Softwares including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc. as well as Sketch, Principle, and Autodesk Maya.
As a Graphic Designer, he plans to get involved in some of the various fields like; Video Animation, Print & Web, Product Design, 3D Modeling/Game Design, UI/UX Design and Web Design, with long term goals to gain quality experiences and enhance his skills in these various fields of design.
- Designed graphical layouts alongside cutouts in creating quote cards and Memes for social media using Adobe Photoshop.
- Designed and Illustrated cartoon stills for social media using Adobe Illustrator.
- Worked on video editing and motion graphics for TV Shows in creating intros, transitions, and end cards using Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
- Learned file management skills in organizing files properly, effectively and professionally; making the workflow more efficient.
- Created yoga mat designs masking out drawings by Siona into Adobe Photoshop, combining different masks and producing a finished design in Ultra High Resolution.
- Worked on many document creations including newsletters, invoices, PDFs and posters using Microsoft Office apps and Adobe Photoshop.
- Gained and learned a lot of design techniques in creating large files in Adobe Photoshop for printing and understanding many ways of masking out backgrounds from images.
- Designed graphic layouts for certificates and editing of post using Adobe Photoshop.
- Translated paper cut-out drawings to digital masked images for marketing tools like t-shirts using Adobe Photoshop.
- Worked on projects for major fashion brands including Prada, Louis Vuitton and H&M in designing layouts and drawings using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Created promotional ads for companies and organizations (clients) on the newspaper using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Created logos for new clients as well as new logos for The Daily Athenaeum using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Designed web banner ads and 2"x5" ads for both print and digital using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and also animated video images or GIFs for clients using Adobe Indesign.
- Oversaw each newspaper pages using Adobe Indesign, checked for errors, distilled each page into a PDF, and sent to the publisher.
- Communicated with the editorial team, proofed each page, and sent to the editorial department.